Cold Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is non-invasive, drug-free, and painless with zero side effects. A cold laser therapy device emits measured pulses of infrared light, which penetrate through the skin and deep into the muscle tissue. The light energy is absorbed into the cells that make up this tissue, causing chemical and physical changes that regenerate cells and repair damaged ones.
Cold laser provides several major benefits for pets struggling daily with chronic pain, surgery recovery, or acute injury:
- Decreases inflammation and swelling
- Increases blood circulation to the affected area and throughout the entire body
- Accelerates healing of bruised and damaged tissue
- Reduces pain
- Increases mobility in patients with stiff, achy joints
- ...and many more!
What Does Laser Therapy Treat?
We see pets with all kinds of conditions that benefit from our therapeutic laser. The key is coming up with a treatment plan that suits each pet’s needs. So far, we know that laser therapy can improve multiple conditions, including:
- Degenerative disc/joint disease
- Chronic ear infections
- Joint, ligament, and muscle injuries
- Lacerations, burns, bite wounds, and other soft tissue injuries
- Lick granulomas
- Skin infections
- Swelling and bruising
- Surgical incisions (for post-op care)